IF there were an American made store would you go to it?

If there was a store in your area that sold American made products like handbags, soaps, blankets, candles, clothes, toys, pillows etc.(Not crafty items) and the prices were reasonable would you make a point to shop there before you went to a big chain store (Wal-Mart)?
Thank You
Stacey

takeatote

Asked by takeatote at 1:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Shopping

• If they were affordable I would. I look for the best prices over anything else.

Answer by gemgem at 1:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Yes. I avoid Walmart anyway because of their ethics.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I dont care about walmarts ethics. I shop there because they bring me the best prices on things I use all the time. If there was a competitor then yep Id go there too.
    Anonymous

• Not unles it was less expencive. What makes American made products better than other products anyway?
    Anonymous

• i dont think she said american products were better. but i would deffinatly shop there. having more stores like this would create more jobs in the U.S.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 2:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• definately!
    iheartsquishies

Answer by iheartsquishies at 2:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• If u find ANY place that has low and/or reasonable prices and good quality, then there is no reason why u can't shop there. Besides, walmart isnt as great as everyone says. believe me, i used to work there! :)
    Duskee

Answer by Duskee at 5:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I would go to a store that sold only American made even if it was a bit more expensive because the safety of the items would not be in question as much. I shop for items that are NOT made in China, and I only buy dishes and glasses that are made in America because alot of dishes and bakeware made in other countries are often made with materials that are not food safe. I prefer clothing and toys made in USA also, because of the standards for chemicals in our toys that other countries do not have.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• It would be great to have a store that had only American made products that were a good price. It would bring so many more jobs to the US. Everything is being made over seas because it is cheaper. That is very sad!

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 6:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I would! I'd even pay a little more than Walmart if it kept an American in a job!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2009