Do you think that I was wrong?

My SO's mother just called him.He was half sleep when he answered the phone.So she asks him what's wrong and he told her that he was just sleep.She then goes on to say,"I know when somethings wrong with you.You need to get out the house.You stay in the house all week while she goes to work,so you should go out on the weekends.Don't worry about her or what she has to say about it".I got offended because he wouldn't "correct her" and let her know that I wasn't keeping him in the house.So I hung up the phone.She called back fussing and I hung up on her again.He hit me.Then we got into an argument and I called his mother out of her name.Then he started throwing me round and hitting me.Do you think that I was wrong for being mad because he didn't stand up for me?He says that he didn't have to say anything because she didn't disrespect me.But he got mad at me because I disrespected her.

Sorry this is so long!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• No he was wrong anda pussy for hitting a woman.It sounds like youre working and doing all the work Id throw him out back to mommys. Thats one lessmouth to feed and then no onewould hit you.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you have more problems than just his mother.
    Anonymous

• No you werent wrong but he sounds like an abusive slouch. Id press charges and change the locks. Theres never an excuse for someone to physically abuse you and I assume you have kids? So what do you think its teaching them? break the cycle and press charges. Doesnt sound like hes working either. I say get rid of him maybe you can find a real man later.

Answer by gemgem at 2:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• yeah. your problem isn't the mom. its that you don't see the hitting as the main problem.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• sounds like more than his mom. One thing you don't do in life is disrespect mom's no matter how much you can't stand them. In a way you started it, but, he shouldn't have hit you. In the long run, no matter what, his mom will be there!And thats his MOM
    Anonymous

• Why the hell are you letting him hit you and throw you around? Get the f*** out of there and don't look back. It's obvious that his mother doesn't respect you, and that HE doesn't either! Your poor children..
    Anonymous

• Yeah anon 2:02,that is his mom.A mom that didn't care enough about him to keep him.She has 2 daughters and she raised them.But when she had him she gave him away.She still treats him like dirt.But I'm the bad guy.And she started it by running her mouth into our business without knowing the facts.
    Anonymous

• Everyone that's calling me crazy for staying with him after he hit me,you don't know why.I just started a career and I have no family where I live.I cannot afford child care,so I would lose my job.And my house because I wouldn't have no income.There is a lot behind the reason why I'm not making the hitting an issue.
    Anonymous

• You weren't wrong to be upset by him not correcting his mother,but I think it was wrong the way you handled it you shouldn't of hung up on her no matter what she said to you. My biggest concern though is that you seem to have no concern about him hitting you! That is where you should be most concerned. You should never EVER let a man hit you or throw you around...get the heck away from that situation because its just going to get worse! Obviously he has no respect for you and neither does his mother.
    Blaire23

Answer by Blaire23 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I'm with the one that said that the Mom is the least of your problems... the hitting would be my biggest concern. I'd never hang up on my hubby's Mom even if I didn't like what she was saying (was it on speakerphone or were you listening in?) Sounds like you were listening in on a private conversation but in no way is it okay for man or woman to put their hands on their SO in anger.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2009