When did you start buying and stocking up for your baby?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I had my baby shower two months before I was due. I had bought some cute outfits when I was about 6 months along. After my baby shower I bought whatever else I needed or didn't get from the party.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• The last month. I'm superstitious and didn't do it before then.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• After I found out the sex. I didn't want to buy anything until I knew weather I should buy pink or blue.
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Answer by Cowgirl_Coyote at 2:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• with my first, (boy) we had a baby shower and i got everything i needed and more! didnt need to shop at all... with my second (girl) had a much smaller shower.. and got a bunch of clothes and diapers and wipes.. and we were set.. once again didnt have to buy anything.. and now im expecting our third.. (girl) -- im assuming we are done having showers.. we already had a boy one and a girl one so im planning on not having anything thrown for me.. so husband and i went out last week and bought some new burp cloths, bottles (old ones were in bad shape and we have lost a lot over the years), we got a couple new blankets, i ordered her baby bedding, we got a pack of binkies in case she likes them, couple little carseat toys, all that stuff.. all we need now is a new bouncy seat and we are pretty much set.. considering also gettin a new swing and leaving the old one at grandmas...
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• mind you, my family is the type to throw a million showers regardless of how many kids you have.. they believe each one is to be celebrated, i just dont want to rely on others to buy stuff this time.. so im sure diapers and wipes will be gifted to us if anything. Some other families i know disagree and think once you have ONE shower.. your on your own from there on out.. whether you have the opposite sex the second time.. or even if you have a large age gap between your kids and your things all expire or recall.. your on your own.
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• My husband bought the crib when I was about 5 months along, b/c he found a great deal. This is our 3rd baby, and I thought I was done after 2..so I got rid of all the baby stuff. My grandma is throwing me a small shower, but my DH and I pretty much have every thing we need. We bought a little something with each paycheck starting around the end of my 2nd trimester...so we have a crib, bassinet, travel system, clothes, blankets, socks, carrier, diapers and diaper bag.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• with the first we started at 5 weeks

with this pregnancy i haven't bought anything and i'm 29 weeks
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2012