• In the Spotlight:

contractions? or no???

im 39 1/2 weeks and i keep getting this pain in my stomach and lower back that is painful and i cant talk or be talked to or move i just wanna SIT there.. my stomach gets REALLY hard but not hard in the VERY lowest part of my stomach right above where my pubic area starts...

i thought your WHOLE stomach gets hard when you have a contraction? im pretty sure thats what these are they are painful and hurt and are intense.... so are they or are they not do you think? i am getting one every .... 15-20 min

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They could be. Keep timing them and when they get 5-6 min apart go to the hosp.

Answer by gemgem at 2:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• sounds like it, I aree with gem, wait until they're 5 miniutes apart, unless your water breaks first
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• the best way to test is , take a nice warm bath, if they increase then its real.. remember everyone is different. don't risk it.
    NewArmyMom2008

Answer by NewArmyMom2008 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2009