He gave their cat away...

So my neighbors had a litter of kittens. We live in the country so the kittens from the farm up the street have wandered down to our house. About a month ago we found a kitten in the woods and it followed us home. Our dogs kept chasing it up the tree. I told my dd that I thought it came from the farm because I saw on FB that they had kittens. We drove up there and dropped it off in their driveway. I sent a FB msg and asked the mom if they were missing an orange kitten and told her we had dropped one off in their driveway. She said Yes and that is the only one in the litter that her husand wanted to keep so of course it was the missing one lol.

So fast forward to tuesday. My dd and i saw a kitten (grey) in our yard and the dogs kept chasing it up a tree. Then tues night my husband sees it sitting on our back step looking in our door. Wed. he gets to work and someone says they found a kitten in the parking lot. My husband said it was that grey kitten. He tells the guy at work it was a stray cat that was at our house last night and must've ridden to work in/under his truck. The guy plays with it and says he will take it home.

When My husband comes home and tells me the story I said, "That is the neighbors cat!" He said no it was grey, their cat is orange. I say you moron they are kittens they had a whole litter! It is the same size as the orange one. He seems to think it is ok that he gave their cat away. I personally hate cats but i'm really bothered by this none the less.

Should I do something to get it back or just be thankful we have one less cat in the neighborhood?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2012 in Pets

• I think you should let the other person keep it. If your neighbors cared so much they would either ship it or collar it, or even both. Its better then getting hit by a car or attacked by a strange dog (not meaning your dogs, they seem to just want to scare it)
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• CHIP*
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• IMO no. Obviously the owners are not concerned enough to keep the kittens home. As far as I would be concerned it is a stray and now has a good home instead of being killed by dogs or other preditors while it wanders around.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• I let my dogs run but they typically stay in our yard. We do live in the country so it is typical for people to let their animals run. I don't see them as being neglectful. I did stress to my dd not to feed it or it would hang out at our house. I'm assuming they just put food out and hope they hang around the farm.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• No, it is the neighbors responsibility to keep their animals safe. Tough titties. At least the cat is with someone who wants it
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 5:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• She already said the orange one was the only one they were keeping,, I say kitty has a new and good home, so don't mention it,, if they wanted to keep al the kittens, they would have contained them,, I imagine instead of a barn cat, the grey kitty is going to live a "posh" indoor life without having to catch mice for food!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• awqhhh
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 9:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2012