Do you send Thank You cards...

when you receive Get Well cards?

My son fell and fractured his arm. It was a complicated break that ended him up in the trauma ward and a brief hospital stay. Our church decided to get together and send him tons of cards! Do I send everyone a brief note of thanks for sending a card? Do I just make an announcement saying "Thank you everyone he loved the cards?" What is appropriate?

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• Just send something and make a big announcement. You can ask the priest or minister to announce it on a Sunday during services or post it in a church bulletin.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 5:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• You don't need to send a thank you card for cards, I would for gifts, flowers, food, etc., but not for cards. I would as robinkane said, just have the priest or minister make an announcement or post it in the bulletin.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• Announcement in the church bulletin or call each person to thank them if you know them, which is more personable.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• Yes, send an announcement (a card would be good) to the group.You could have it put in the bulletin too, or both! That was so thoughtful of them!
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• One card and a big announcement to everybody. wish a speed recovery for your son
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• Announcement should be enough.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2012