How do you deal with you MIL

How do you guys deal with a "perfect" MIL? You know the one, always know just the right thing for her son AND your son?

mambearwhitt4

Asked by mambearwhitt4 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• i got a perfect MIL here too. I just worry about how i am going to set my children straight in couple years ( move back out after nursing school). The children are so spoiled by her, gifts, allowances, no disicplines what so ever.

I can see my children just like their daddy. ( not a good thing at all)
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My MIL is damn near perfect. She has a good job, nice home, shes clean to a fault, and always does know what my dh likes and what my kids like too LOL. It annoyed me at first now I jst appreciate what she does for us. I think maybe at first I was a little jealous of her and she of me. Its been several yrs though and we get along alot better now.

Answer by gemgem at 2:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I adore her. And I never expect my husband to choose me over her.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My ex-MIL was wonderful, I really miss her, she has passed away. My current MIL is awful.....She honestly is, I think she really wants me to leave my hubby so she can have him back to herself. We've been married almost 9 years and it gets worse every year. We've even talked about moving farther away from my IL just to get away from the problem. Otherwise I don't see her, she only calls my hubby , she won't come over or even call me but she tries to set up times to see our 3 year old while never talking to be about it at all. I just PRAY GOD makes it better some day.
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I dont have any problems with my MIL. I love her to death. There is barely day when i dont talk to her online (we live in different countries).

We are going to visit her for 2 weeks in may and im so excited already. I really love her. i would choose her over her son.. HAHAHAHAHA

If she wants to give me advice then i gladly appreciate it and maybe i will learn something new. Because she is the one who raised two kids and im at child #1 ;)

If i dont like something she says or does then i will let her know, and she will either accept it or not.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I let everything she has to say go in one ear and out the other, nod politely (easy over the phone!!) and then do what I know I have to do for my own family....

She's in another state so it's easier to deal with her. And I like it that way. The boys barely know her except by name...they don't have a clue what she even looks like. And I like it that way, too.

She so perfectly knows her son, that every Christmas gift she has sent for the past 8 years (even before me) has been sold on Ebay or returned to her. Every single one.

Yeah...she's perfect. (can you read the sarcasm?)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2009