Inside activites to EXHAUST a toddler?

I trying to put DD on a new sleeping schedule and would like some ideas on how to get her tired out for bed. I would take her outside but its pretty chilly today. Does anyone have any ideas? She is Two by the way.

Shortma197

Asked by Shortma197 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2012 in General Parenting

• Does she like to dance? I put on yo gabba gabba or just some music that she likes and we will dance for hours. Mind you I'm probably more tired than her by the end of it all, but it usually works.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 6:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• A mini trampoline! I had one for the kids and on rainy days it was a great thing to expend some engery!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• definitely the dancing! do you have room, and a safe space to do a little obstacle course or just a little running/jumping around? a mini trampoline is fun but if you're wanting to start it today I say go with the dancing :D
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• dancing is good, so is doing little relays having her run to certain areas and then back while you count. If it is cold out I would still bundle her up and take her out for about 20 minutes or so a few times a day.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• define chilly?? B/c unless it's below freezing going out is really the best for getting them good and tired!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2012

• i make an "ocean" in the living room on days its too hot or cold to go outside. you collect all the pillows & blankets in the house, throw all the pillows on the floor, then spread the blankets out to cover all the pillows. then you have to "swim" over the waves (pillows). my kids always love it & its a lot of work but their quietness at nap time was always worth it!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• Thanks so ugh for the advice! The dancing really worked.
    Shortma197

Comment by Shortma197 (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Sep. 24, 2012