How open are your adult children to being set up on dates?

I found a website that is currently being developed called www.progenymatch.com... sounds like they allow parents to create a profile for their son/daughter and search the database for their match. Do you think this will be a success?

ptonmom

Asked by ptonmom at 2:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• No because kids dont want their parents meddling in their lives.

Answer by gemgem at 2:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I sure as hell wouldn't want my mom trying to set me up on a blind date. I'd be absolutely LIVID if my mom ever tried anything like that.

Your idea for your son/daughter's 'perfect match' may be so far from what their ideal 'type' is that it could all backfire. So...unless your kids specifically solicited your help with dating, I wouldn't butt in.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I think this is the funniest site I have ever heard of! I would never think to try and choose who my children date. Will you be making their life decisions for them until you die? Don't meddle unless asked to.
    BayouGirlnOK

Answer by BayouGirlnOK at 6:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I believe this is totally wrong.Parents shouldn't be their childerns match maker.It is meddling in their lives.I
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 1:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2009