• In the Spotlight:

Mucus plug... how long after you loose it

I'm just wondering how long on average it could be before you have the baby after you lose your mucus plug. I read that it could be anywhere from a few days to 4 weeks... that seems like a long span. I lost mine on Tuesday. I've been having on and off contractions every time I get up and do something for more than 20min. I just want to know how long I could be in this walking hell before I deliver. I'm fed up with the contractions starting and then stopping.

pinkbutterfly

Asked by pinkbutterfly at 2:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh that really sucks.

Unfortunately like you read already no one can give you an answer.

You are going to hate me...LOL..but with both my kids I lost my mucus blood and within an hour I started my real labor contractions.

Anyway I just wanted to say hang in there..because I know how hard it is to be in that pregnancy limbo the last few weeks.

I hope things start soon and good luck with your delivery :) Oh and I would just keep up with the walking...to get things moving. Maybe next time the contractions won't stop !!!
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 2:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Well, I think it varies with everyone! I lost it with my 3rd & went into full blown labor 10 min later, then with the 4th it took a couple of days. Just keep an eye on those contractions & when your getting them consistently, well you know, lol! Good luck mama!
    momof4qtz

Answer by momof4qtz at 2:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Well with the other two I never lost it until I was in the delivery room I guess. I'm just so dieing here... OK not really dieing, but getting really fed up.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 2:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I lost mine and went into labor 2-3 days later.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• pretty sure its a couple days up to a week. I lost mine in pieces and still not sure if it was all out when I went into labor but I ended up with an induction anyways.. sorry not much help
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• For me, it's always a few hours.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• it can be several weeks JUST like you read.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Thank Goodness I'm not the only one!!! I'm pretty sure I lost mine yesterday. The thing is, with my daughter, my water broke like an hour or so after I lost it with her then I was in labor and had her early the next morning. I'm puzzled because I expected to do the same with this one...I'm hurting in my lower back and just feel like crap....Good luck!! Hopefully it will be soon for us both!!
    Blessedmommy215

Answer by Blessedmommy215 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2009