Where to put the computer?????

Okay, right now the family computer is located in my room & I want it out. Unfortunately due to space, or lack there of, my only option is to put it into the Kitchen against the wall by the backdoor. I would prefer not to put an actual desk in there, but perhaps a "shabby chic" table of sorts. Any ideas??

momof4qtz

Asked by momof4qtz at 2:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You may be able to pick up a small table at a yard sale. My mother found one with a drop leaf that becomes quite small.

Answer by Bmat at 2:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i wouldnt like to have a computer in my kitchen.. no matter how big the kitchen is. Because when you cook, especially fish, you gonna get that greasy smoke all over the place. :-/

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I agree w/ m.robertson811... How about taking out the washer & dryer that would be a perfect spot! HA HA! j/k HMM...What about the corner where you put your xmas tree? You could find a cozy corner desk or something! Good Luck!
    luvmyboys2

Answer by luvmyboys2 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• They say you should not put a computer on an outside wall either. Something to do with the humidity factor.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 8:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• We have our's in the kitchen. Our kitchen has a small little desk area that is away from the stove and oven, so it doesn't get dirty. It's actually really nice to have it there! Very convenient. When we decide to redo our kitchen, whenever that will be hee hee, we'd like to utilize that space better. But I don't want to get rid of the computer space since it's centrally located.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Try getting a small corner desk.
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• can you find an armoire of sorts to put the computer in? you can make it look shabby chic, and when you cook just close the doors so smoke, oil, or other stuff doesn't get on it. i get the better homes and garden magazine and they have shown ideas for this before, so you could browse their website for ideas (just be careful of all their stupid pop-up ads).

MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Having the family computer in a family area is a great idea! That way kids can be monitored closely while using the internet.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 4:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2009