Leap pad learning system- my ds has one (the leap pad is older, looks like a book, has an electronic pen) but is not working. Is it worth it/ will it help to get a new pen?

Curious. Hate to throw it out.....

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 5:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2012 in Shopping

• I bought my kids the original Leap Pad years ago. They used it for learning the states and capitals. It was information that came loaded with the Leap Pad. I don't know if you can replace the pen since they are attached to the Leap Pad. But if you have a newer system you can try. Remember that electronics, in this day and age are considered disposable. It's up to you to determine if it's worth it.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 6:59 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• It just depends on what is wrong with it.

Are you talking about the LeapPad Explorer? We got DD one last year when it first came out and it came with two styluses.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• this is the original leap pad, and the pen is replacable.
    txdaniella

Comment by txdaniella (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Well if it is something they enjoy and use alot and the pen is not too expensive then yeah I would replace it.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• probably
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2012