OKAY,HOW COME I CANT SLEEP ON MY LEFT SIDE ANYMORE? =/

so,ever since yesterday i havent been able to lay down on my left side anymore..
i posted the question about if it could be contractions but then it all just ended up being false contractions. But what im trying to say is that when ever i lay on my left side my whole stomach on my left side starts cramping really bad and below my stomach around the whole area,it almost brings me to tears with all the pain and it makes it really hard for me to move my bottom half of my body,i take forever almost an hour to try and go on my back then right side..last night i only slept on my back and right side,when i woke up my left side was hurting like muscle aches,like when you sleep on one side to much you have to turn to the other side,well i wanted to see if i would have those contraction feelings still if i layed on my left again,and when i tried it all happend again,but before it was to painful i tried (continues)

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• (continued) to quickly move on my back side...why is it that it hurts? =/ has this happened to anyone???
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• And also when im on my left side my stomach starts to get all hard all over so it made me think i was having contractions
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks and this just started last week to me.. I want to know too
    Anonymous

• really,So far im 37 weeks,though i think my edd is on the 18th not the 25th
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I had the same thing and could not lie on my left side. It has to do with the positioning of the baby inside of you and the strain it is putting on the surrounding muscles. You're probably having muscle spasms. If your stomach is getting hard, those are also probably Braxton Hicks contractions. The closer you get to delivery, the stronger and weirder your BH contractions may feel. BH contractions can go away if you switch from one side to another or get up and walk around for a minute. I would just keep off of your left side and put a warm compress on it when it starts to act up. Good luck!

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• didn't have that happen to me, but if the baby is laying on some nerve or something then you may have a problem laying on one side. That DID happen to me, but it was my sciatic nerve that she liked to lay on.. couldn't lay on my R side cuz of that. Sorry not much help.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2009