Did you know.....

.....that there is a provision in the Stimulus (a/k/a Porkulus) that requires Colleges and Universities to refuse to allow religious groups to use their facilities if the school receives Federal funding. (This includes Federal Student Aid, which virtually every college/university receives.)

What does this have to do with stimulating the economy?

MojitoMama

Asked by MojitoMama at 3:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Just one more way to take God out of everything.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Sounds good to me.
    Anonymous

• What does most of this stimulus bill have to do with stimulating the economy?
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 3:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Yes, I did and I am infuriated. To me, there seems to be a strong correlation between the secular movement and the decline of American morality.
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 3:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I think someone posted a question about this about 3 days ago and it got deleted. That goes along with the recruiter thing too doesn't it? That if the school accepts funds they have to allow recruiters for the military on campus for informative presentations. Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to remember something about the two issues being very heated and just went on and on.
    BUT-the students are still allowed to form their own groups on campus based on their religious affiliations as long as it is comprised of oncampus students and stays on campus, and not managed or supported by an off campus source. And many campuses already have those groups, if not all large campuses.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• It has NOTHING to do with stimulation, ban that word already it's a spending bill! It has everything to do with controlling people with government money and grants to college kids who need it the most. Separation of church and state my eyeball for any atheist that wants that argument, it's all about control and liberal wish lists that are finally about to be granted by the Grand PooBah.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Sounds good to me, too!
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 3:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

•  

SINCE I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR AGAINST GOD...............

i think it stinks.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 3:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i think it funny, how someone who doesn't care God is taken out of everything doesn't care people are using illegal drugs either. no surprise there.
    Anonymous

• Because this bill is just a trojan horse with all of Obama's secular-humanist, socialist agenda hidden inside. He's feeding on the panic of Americans who are desperate for some relief, so he's pressing this bill as if it's urgent, and it IS, because if it doesn't pass quickly, more Americans might open their eyes and see it for the sneaky, government-expanding piece of crap that it is.
    Anonymous