Who said that it is easier to find another job if you already have one?

I have been trying for weeks!! Nothing!!! I am applying like crazy and no calls! I know I qualify!! BTW that is not true! It is not easier to get a job if you already have one!

dancer

Asked by dancer at 8:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2012 in Money & Work

• I need to get a job,another job! I need to be able to make christmas wonderful for my family! If I can't do that then I'll feel like I've let them down1
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• I know exactly what you mean.
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 8:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• Christmas can be wonderful without money spent- baking and watching Christmas movies, driving around to look at the lights...

about 3 years ago we were BROKE and my teens told me they weren't worried about the "stuff" as much as the activities I just listed. Christmas was fine-and I only was able to spend about 60 or 70 dollars on each of them
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:31 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• I have no money at all not one penny!!!!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 8:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• I know! Thank you!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• Wow...I was trying to make a point that my kids weren't worried about it-
    I had to seriously scrimp and figure out ways to come up with it- and I started months before the holiday- it wasn't like I jsut had 120.00 all at once
    I spent 2.00 here and 5.00 there-

I hope you can find another job- but try to focus on other ways to make the holiday rather than gifts
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• I try! But it is hard! Especially since we lost our link card! We make just over the thresh hold which is 19,000! I pray every day!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 8:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• Ahh Dancer I am so sorry,, where all have you looked? I was at Starbucks yesterday, and they are hiring, also I know with the Christmas holiday coming up there will be more jobs, of course before I took one, I would ask about the chances after Christmas? How are you finding places to apply? I would call a temp service,, 2 of my friend have gotten permanent jobs that way.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• I applied at toys'R' us and Kohls.
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2012

• The thing with retail (as far as I know) is the more availability you have- the better
    so -if you have another job-that takes away from your availability.

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:42 AM on Sep. 21, 2012