Has anyone had this done to them at 38 weeks

I'm 38 weeks and my doctor put her hand down there to stretch my cervix open a bit more so that by Friday I will be at least 3 cm.. The doctor told me i might spot a little, Which I did.... I also have discharge... She said that when I 'm 3 cm she will send me straight to the hospital to be induced. Mostly because I tested positive for strep b. I started having some cramping and I feel so tired. Has anyone had this done to them at 38 weeks and if how did you deal with the stronger brax kicks?

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 3:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, its called stripping your membranes. They did it to me at 39 weeks.. its really just a way to push your body into preparing for labor faster. They did it twice to me and nothing happened so I'll pray that it has the desired effect for you :)
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• no but good luck with your delivery :)

and i dont think those are braxton hicks.. i think they are contractions.
    Anonymous

• yeah. i had it done at 38 wksi was 4 cm. i requested it. i went into labor that day
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I never had that done but I did have my son at 38 weeks, I was having pink discharge and the contractions like your describing! Sounds like you are going to go very SOON!! They told me to lay on my side, time my contractions and drink a little water......but geeze if your seeing pink I'd be freaking out and calling(just like i did)...lol!!
    AmandaDenise26

Answer by AmandaDenise26 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• yeah...it put me in pain!
    Anonymous