Do you ever feel like you are a bad parent?

I try to spend lots of time with my 5 year old daughter. It is insane though. I mean I go to school all day and drive and hour to get there and an hour to get back. Then sometimes I have to babysit her cousins and they are a handful. Then there is homework and laundry ( i do most of the chores since my husband likes to check out when he gets home) The problem is that I never get to check out. I always have something I am doing that I want some me time. When I try to take it my daughter says I am boring and she acts like I never do anything with her. How often do you spend one on one time with your children. I usually read her bedtime stories. I sit with her in the bathroom somtimes and talk to her. We go over her homework together and at least 3 nights a week we will sit down and have dinner together. It just never seems to be enough though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• i dont think i am but my son has told me i dont take care of him cause i wont give him candy lol
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I know I'm a damn good mom. But until coming on this site and asking questions about my son when he's sick etc...I've been made to feel like I'm a bad mom. Like I'm doing the wrong thing etc, all I look for is to hear about what other moms did etc..instead I have some women telling me off insinuating I'm a bad mother!

Anonymous

• I'm a sahm to a 5 year old and while I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm a bad parent, there are times at the end of the day after he's asleep, that I think maybe I was too hard on him, or snapped at him for nothing. I feel really bad when that happens. So now when I feel I'm losing my patience with him (or anything), I try to just walk into another room for a minute. I remind myself how horrible I'll feel at the end of the day if I yell at him. If I'm getting annoyed because he want to play the same game for the hundredth time, I stop myself and think of a distraction.
    Anonymous

• I always feel like a bad mother. I don't ever get to check out either and it makes me crazy. I get short with my son and by the end of the day my daughter pulling up on my leg gets on my last nerve. If you can make it through the day with out yelling at your child to just be quiet for 5 seconds you are doing better than me. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my kids. I just am not sure I love being a mom sometimes.
    Anonymous

• Only for a moment, then I apologize to my son and tell him that mommy made a bad choice and why I made it (generally because I'm tired or frustrated). Sometimes I feel like a bad mom because I let my son come home and watch TV while I cook dinner and wash dishes. Sometimes I feel like a great mom when he decides he wants to help me instead of watching TV. But in the big picture of the last 3 1/2 years, I felt like a good mom way more than a bad mom. Probably helps that I take an hour every morning just for myself before I wake him up.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2009