I originall asked this question on February 1st, and got some great answers.

I need to give more details I think. My mom moved in because she had to file bankruptcy & because she was sick and living alone out in Tucson. She did file bankruptcy and is now discharged. She gets about $2,000 a month. But, now I find her not wanting to move, even after suttle hints and some terrible things being said between my husband and I, her. If I tell her she has to move, she'll probably never talk to me or my son again. She complains about my son being loud, about my big dogs, all the stuff around my house, because she's afraid she'll fall and hurt herself. My house is small with a lot of furniture. She does no housework or laundry, just pretty much sits around all day and reads, controls tv. She doesn't like any of the people that visit my house. I have to chauffer her a lot of the time. Help. Thanks

rhondalee66

Asked by rhondalee66 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Well I must say that I am BIG on FAMILY esp MY MOTHER. She is not only my best friend but the person that I want to be when I eventually grow-up. She has taught me all that I need to know so that I can be on my own and take care of my family. That being said I think that it is time that your mother gets out and finds a new place for her to stay. Im all about doing things for family but when that good deed causes problems between you and your husband well that is when I say a line in the sand has to be made. I think that no one should come between a a husbamd and wife team not even their children!! I say you sit down and talk to her when your not angry and bring up that fact that she is unhappy and she does not like your friends, dogs, noise, ect and mention that if she got a place of her own what the freedom would mean to her. Lastly FEAR is a dangerous emotion because if you let it take over NOTHING will ever get RESOLVED!
    TreasureThis882

Answer by TreasureThis882 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I think the best thing for you to do is sit down with her and have a good old heart to heart talk about how you feel, tell her that if she is going to stay there she needs to help out and has got to understand that that is YOUR house and not hers and while yes she is the mother, she is also the mother living in her daughters home. Does she help you guys out financially at all? Because if not I would be telling her she needs to help with that also. Really I have never been in this situation but I know that if I were to be my mother would only stay as long as she absolutelyhad to before she would want to find her own place because while we are a lot alike we are still very different when it comes to how we maintain and run a household. Either way GL with your issues I hope they work out for the best

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• sounds like mom needs to go or it may cause your marriage some harm. It was nice of your husband to allow her to stay as long as she did. and I also think that you can comfort yourself in the fact that you did help her when she needed it the most but she is not trying to do anything and needs to take responsiblity for her life now and if she chooses never to speak to you again that is on her you did the right thing.
    punkrockmom153

Answer by punkrockmom153 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2009