Wondering WHY my baby hates, and won't sleep during the day!

I have an 8 month old, he hates to sleeping during the day. His naps are a huge challenge...he get's so upset, cry's so hard and refuses to go to sleep. He drops his soother out of his crib as well...probably so I'll go in to get it. I really would like some advice, any idea's how to get him to sleep easier. I do already run a noise maker, warm blanket, comfy crib, sleepy lamb stuffed toy...I've tried EVERYTHING I've read. I'm looking for mommy tricks now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried putting up a shade. The bamboo ones really block out a lot of light espcially if used with heavy curtains.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• oh and I should add, he's tired..rubbing his eye's, looks tired, and grumpy!!!
    Anonymous

• I know some won't agree with this, but, if you could get him on a schedule, it will help. Sometimes when us Moms get frustrated it goes right to the baby and they can feel it. When my daughter was about that age, she did the same thing, wouldn't nap, and thru a fit. I just made a schedule that helped her and me and we were a lot happier. I know some don't think babies should be on a schedule but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.It really helped me and our family life. It takes a while to get them on one but when it works, its awesome.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Have you tried bed time bath? I know it sounds stupid, but we use it on our son. The schedule is bath, bottle, bed. lol. It really works.
    Anonymous

• are you sure there isnt an underlying problem like an ear infection? what do you do differently at night, I am assuming he goes right to sleep at night.. do you read him story to help him wind down? is it bright in the room he sleeps in??
    LilMommaGrace

Answer by LilMommaGrace at 4:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• he is on a schedule, but even more lately he's very against sleep when he is clearly tired! This afternoon he won't sleep PERIOD. He's been up with no sleep since 9:00am..he's ALMOST 8 months. I also have dark blinds in my room....keep em coming ladies lol.
    Anonymous

• we did a story a while ago, didn't do anything. Its like as soon as he's in his crib, it's time to start freaking out!
    Anonymous

• well my baby had kind of the same problem i would give him a tickle torture and it would be his lullaby lol
    LoganBear

Answer by LoganBear at 8:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2009