Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Intimacy Issues

Ok so I have realized that I have some intimacy issues recently and am trying to find ways to deal with it. I was sexually molested three times by the time that I was 16 and now that I am married I am noticing some fallout from that. Certain things trigger memories and make me loose interest in doing anything. I want to get over this and be able to take my husband's and my intimacy to where he wants it to be and was wondering if anyone has some advice for me.

Answer Question

Asked by vchristineg at 4:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Relationships

Level 5 (86 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Rape counseling is often free, even if it's years after the incident. Check out some resources in your area.

    Answer by elleinad at 4:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

  • Hun, the only thing that's going to fix that is some good ole' counselling.
    You have serious issues you CAN NOT deal with on your own.
    See some one for help,and try some marriage counselling to help out as well.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

  • I agree with pp you need to go and get yourself some counsiling

    Answer by hautemama83 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

  • I to have been molested and never got help. i still regret not getting help or saying anything. Now I'm too ashamed and the only thing holding me back from gettin help is myself. Don't be me, go get help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

  • I Was Molested Too. I Did The Opposite Of You Though. I Went Crazy Slept With Every Guy Under The Sun (ok Not Every Guy).I Never Got Counseling Which I Know I Need, I Always Make Excuses. I Have A Very Patient DF And He Helped Me Not Be So Wild And Crazy. If You Have That Great Of A Relationship With Your DH I Would Just Talk To Him. Talking Is The Key To Everything. Tell Him What You Like And How You Like It, If Something Makes You Uncomfortable Tell Him By Seeing That He Understands And Is NOT Trying To Hurt You You Will Trust Him More Sexually Then Maybe Later You Can Do Everything He Wants To Do.

    Answer by Kari_Noelle at 6:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

  • I appreciate all of the input and I have thought of going to counciling. I have also started talking to my husband already. I just wanted to see if anyone else had been through something similar and what they did for themselves.

    Answer by vchristineg at 8:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

  • Aside from what other have said I think you also will need to make an effort to seperate your Husband from those other people. They did not love and care about you. Your Husband does. When you start to flashback then force yourself to realize that it is not the same now with this guy. That this guy will treat you right and keep you safe, and you will start to turn the tables.

    Answer by NavyBussGirl at 4:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.