• In the Spotlight:

Did you always know you wanted to be a Mother?

Just curious.. on when you know or you always knew you wanted to be a mom? A newlywed I know was 29 & Married a man that's 48. He has Teen Sons! One already in college! He says A Baby is A Deal Breaker!! Her birth control is dangerous & hard on her System!! Wondering if you made this choice too! Did you change your mind? What do you think of her situation? She's old enough to know her mind right? As long as they're Happy!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ive always thought that I was never going to have children, and that I would most likely get 2 dogs & call it a life lol, But I got preggo, & when she came I was instantly her mother & I loved her so much, & now every day I love her more than the last. & less than the next day.
    NiekaC

Answer by NiekaC at 4:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• im with nieka, only i had a boy and boys have cooties (im jk dont attack me)... i never wanted kids and if i did i wanted a girl because i was an only child and i was a girl and i was so loved and spoiled and cute and a princess :] well now i have a boy and i realize i REALLY want a girl so im going to try for at least 2 more unless i get my girl next try!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• but that didnt answer your question.... kids are like one of the leading causes for divorce if one person wants them and another doesnt. when her biological clock starts ticking she'll have to make a choice
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i was 16 when i got pregnante
    Hated kids , still dont really like most =0)
    But after i had mine it was love at 1st sight.
    if she wants kids, and he doesnt then it should be a deal breaker on her side as well. Shes going to regret it when shes older and wants them and cant
    I would say part ways while its stil fresh
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 4:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i never wanted kids then i had my son and fell in love with him and then 3 years later came my daughter now i cant have anymore :) but i agree with ready to rage
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I always knew I wanted kids..and before my hubby and I ever dated, I knew that he never wanted to get married or have kids. So when we found out we had feelings for each other, I said that I couldn't see him because I knew I wanted the 'whole deal' some day, and I didn't want us to waste each others time. BUt he said to me that he never wanted to get married or have kids until he met me. They are married, so it's too late to start of fight about it now. He doesn't want any, she shouldn't have any. And there are other forms of BC.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 4:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I knew I wanted kids from about birth. Someone not wanting kids would have been a deal breaker for me.

Answer by gemgem at 5:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I've always wanted kids. I had names picked out in second grade. I'd NEVER be with someone who didn't want kids. That would end it right there.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• It's not that I always thought I wanted to be a mother as it was it was EXPECTED of me. (old fashioned family)

I didn't think it was ever going to happen. I was married previously and we tried for 15 years...not even so much as a close call....

After we split and I remarried...my first son was born 9 months and 2 days after our wedding night. HELLO! lol Before we married, I told him that it was doubtful I could have kids...he said he wanted to marry me, not kids we MIGHT have. Kids or no kids he loved ME and that was it. I was okay with the idea of not having any kids. (and now have three)

If she wants to stay with him and he refuses to have kids then I think it should be up to him to take care of it...vasectomy. (after they have both discussed it)

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I always said I wouldn't have kids, up until I got pregnant with my first at 20 years old. I think I was too young even at 20 to start having kids, but I still love them and have no regrets.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 7:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2009