Is it true that you can get a yeast infection from scented toilet paper?

I got tampons that were scented the other day. Didnt even know they made such a thing. It made me think of when my brothers old girlfriend told me she got a yeast infection from scented toilet paper. Anyone ever hear of such a thing? A Dr was suppose to have told her this. I figured if thats true why would scented tampons be any different?

BubbysMom208

Asked by BubbysMom208 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Health

• Yes, you can even get a yeast infection from non-scented tampons. All sorts of things can affect the ph balance of your vagina, causing a yeast infection, from the detergent you use to the toilet paper to the tampons. Some women are far more sensitive than others.
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 4:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• even certain colors in underwear can give you one
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i posted a question saying that i kept getting yeast infections and i got replies like 'ew' and 'wash yourself' but i did get helpful answers! i never knew about scented toilet paper or colored underwear though! i hope you get some helpful answers!
    Anonymous

• BTW, you can even get yeast infections from STRESS, so any "wash yourself" answers should be laughed at for the morons they are.
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 4:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I dont have one but after i used the scented tampons i was wondering if i would. thats why i thought i'd ask. i seem to get them more often than anyone i know. yes i know there are morons on here who are quick to call someone disgusting or diseased. I was hoping to avoid those.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• You can get a yeast infection from tons of things. Some women are prone to them, because they are extra sensitive. You can get them from not wearing cotton underwear, from wearing tight jeans, bubble baths, different soaps (this makes the "wash yourself" comment extra stupid). I got one from antibiotics. It was ironic. I knew something was going on down there, and I thought it was a yeast infection. I bought the meds and used them and no relief. Then, I found out if was a UTI, and the antibiotics gave me one . . it sucked.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• you can also get them from toilet paper with tints in them. if you are prone to yeast infections they tell you to use the toilet paper that is like cardboard, the all natural stuff. also, take baths instead of showers and do not douche. douching is one of the worst things you could do if you have a yeast infection as it disturbes the healthy amounts of baterial and all that you need...
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• your so or husband can even give you them men carry them
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I would be wary of anything for your vagina that is scented. Even scented soaps are a no-go for my vagina. I always get them on antibotics also.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 7:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2009