Help! My baby wont eat!

My 4 and 1/2 month old will not take her formula! She normally eats about 30 oz a day broken down into 5 6oz bottles plus 2 tablespoons of cereal but recently has only been eating her cereal and drinking about 24oz. She will drink about an ounce or two of the bottle then push the bottle out of her mouth with her tounge! I try burping her, changing her eating position, nothing works! And when i try and make her eat by holding the bottle to her lips she crys like she dosent want it! It takes over 45mins to get her drink at least 4 oz and she spits most of that out! what do i do i wana make sure she is getting enough to eat

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the only way to know is to count her wet diapers 6-8 is perfect.Have you tried different nipples?I had the same problem with my son at the same age.you know the orthrodontic nipples?He took to those quick.Will she take her pacy?also try her on some different baby foods.They say to wait, but when Iwent through this I went ahead it really worked.
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• oh it could ba gas ask the dr about levison.does she have acid reflux?
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• maybe u have just been feeding her to much and she is actually not hungry when u think she is. how often do u feed her throughout the day?
    Anonymous

• She did have bad spit up for awhile but we changed her formula and she is ok now. and no she does not want nor will she take a paci! its a blessinf and a curse lol I am feeding her 6 oz every 4 hrs i just bumped her up from 5oz cause she would cry and act like she was still hungry when she finished her bottle. I have tryed to go longer between feedings but she gets so fussy she gives herself an upset stomach
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• When was the last time the nipples were replaced? My first thought is maybe they are too stretched out? She needs a faster flow?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• just replaced them about two weeks ago
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2009