A pay raise. Average, good, bad?

.89 cents per hour ... is that awesome, average, or something else?

my husband just got an UPGRADE but we now lose Halloween, my b-day, sons 8th b-day, and turkey day with him :(

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2012 in Money & Work

• I'd say that's slightly above average. I really don't know much about it though...when I worked for Hormel we got .10 cent raises every sixth months or something like that (up to a certain amount of course) but my hubby gets a $1.50 raise every year (so far) but he works for his dad so that is probably why it's so good.

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 9:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• I think that's a decent raise under any circumstances, but right now getting any raise is awesome.

Does he lose that many paid days? Then he didn't really get a full .89 cent raise.

Answer by ohwrite at 9:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• That's really good! My SO gets .25-.35 cent raises.

Answer by staciandababy at 9:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• I think any raise now is good and that actually soundspretty decent to me

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• That is a pretty decent raise. DH would get between .20-.50 typically across his past jobs.

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• That's a $1,850 dollar raise if he works 40 hrs a week, 52 weeks a year. You'd have to consider his base pay to know if that was a good percentage or not.

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• It depends on the base that you had before. What is the percentage raise is it?

Answer by Dardenella at 12:33 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• his training schedule changes his days/hours (only for the 6 week training) but we've lost now SO MANY plans. I keep checking my various calenders and realizing new ones. Like Black Friday, a field trip for each kiddo, and the worst is our 9th wedding anniversary (had not booked anything non refundable thank goodness)

so he's not losing any paid days.... in fact the 1st and final week of training he'll actually end up w/ a bit of over time, his old and new schedule overlapping.

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 9:08 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• It depends on what his rate was before. Did you figure out the %? My husband just got a 1.25% raise which sucks when traditionally it's been 3-4% per year, but it's been way down the last few years.

Answer by missanc at 9:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2012