What are somethings they can do to better bond

My SO spend a lot of time with our son who is 5 almost 6 months old but I was wondering what are somethings that I can do to help encourage bonding between them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• if he spends lots of time with him already why are you worrying about better bonding???? As long as they are spending time and you are not hovering/interrupting and they are both happy with their time they are bonding/bonded. Even if your baby goes through an I only want mommy period it doesn't mean they are not bonded it usually means I want the food/boobie person.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Are you worried about your son bonding to his father, or your SO bonding with his son? The first only needs time and positive attention. The second, likewise, but there's always the added fact that parents carry a lot of extra baggage that could hinder or damage natural bonding if they're not aware of it. So not really sure of how to encourage them unless there's a specific problem.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2009