what was the most irritating advice or "fact" about your pregnancy that someone gave you during your pregnancY?

lol i get so many they are annoying... like...

"if you dilate you WILL go into labor that day"

"Since it is your first you WILL be in labor for at LEAST 24 hours.""

[[or]]

"if your water breaks you MUST deliver in a day..."

lol i just smile and nod...

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• "You are going to be pushing for hours because youre a teenager" (by the nurse in L&D) as my ex said whats that? She said omg its the head!

Answer by gemgem at 5:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My older aunt told me, "you know you can't drink". I was pist that she would even think I would do that to my child...
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 5:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I know this isn't one of those answers u posted but I was always told, ohhh ur small for like being whatever month I was. I'd say ohh I'm almost 8mths or something and they'd say ur small, and I'd say well I'm still in my 7th month and my daughter came out 8lbs 7oz and I gained 33lbs with her. With my son I gained 41lbs and he was 8lbs 3oz, so people can be wrong. With this pregnancy I said one I'm almost 5mths and the girl said ur small, I said well I'm still in my 4th month, thats usually when anyone shows. I then said thats what people said with my daughter and she came our huge. If u show ur belly then u see more, lol.
    Anonymous

• OMG i got that lisa... my MIL [[rude!]] said I HOPE YOU ARENT GETTING DRUNK OR DOING DRUGS!

what?!?! LOL yes, im a big f'in idiot and go get high everyday... that pissed me off.. she would say it to me everyday i saw her.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• thet would ask me if I was carrying twins! I'm 5'0 and weighed95 when i got prego.so i must have looked huge lol.That i was only eating for myself not two and the baby will come when he is ready. I like to go around those people now who made me feel fat cuz i'm only 100lbs now ha!
    Anonymous

• With my twins I was told by several people that I would be put on bedrest and the babies would be preemies - neither was true.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• "You HAVE to breastfeed." Or "OMG you aren't breastfeeding? WHY!?!"
    Anonymous

• "You'll need an epidural" - I didn't. I had a grea homebirth.
    "You won't last with cloth diapers." - It's been 2 years, no disposibles yet.
    "If you BF you'll be too tired to take care of the other kids, use a bottle." - 2 years and still nursing. Never used a bottle.
    "You have to pump and put some cereal in that baby's bottle, they need food at a month!" - Never did, it's dangerous and I knew better and he was the fattest baby I've had yet by 6 months.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• UMMM, Cloth diapers??? ewwww!! What do u do with the poop?? Like wash it in the washer?? I'd feel soo gross and hope u put vinegar in the wash with just water to flush out the pipes, they say it works for bacteria.
    Anonymous

• I've heard all of these. Strangers asking me personal questions and petting my stomach like a cat. People kept insisting that my EDD was off by 1-2 MONTHS because I was "too big." It was annoying. "Are you sure you're not having twins?" Yes, I was quite sure there was only one baby inside of me.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2009