For you pregnant ladies (even if you aren't pregnant still answer).

What kinds of meals would you like made for you when you get home with baby? My neighbor is coming home with the new baby today and I know how much I didn't want to cook after having baby. I want to make them at least one meal, but not sure what to make.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 11:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2012 in Food & Drink

• You are a very loved woman and I'm slightly jealous. And kudos to you for thinking to bring this woman a meal. Well, if no one else is bringing something, than you can totally bring a casserole. Tattertot casserole is always a big hit.
    Does she have any other children? If it's just her and her husband, why not just make them a plate of whatever you are having for supper, wrap it up and take it over? Depending on how close of neighbors you are. Maybe that would only work for a parent to do. Idk.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• I am pregnant and lasagna sounds soo good.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 11:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• I understand you not liking casseroles, but consider something that can be easily frozen if they aren't ready to eat it right away. Lasagna or baked spaghetti can freeze well.

Also, if you use a dish you want back, stick an address label or something similar on the bottom so they'll know who to return it to (in case they get a lot).
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:16 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• omg..my SIL brought chicken enchiladas and mexican corn something-or-other (she didn't make it, she got it from her caterer)..delicious!
    on the other hand, my MIL brought a homemade pan of meatloaf, 13''x9''..it didn't look done..i threw it out.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Not a casserole. Everyone brings a casserole! lol. roast a small chicken and make a few sides. You can feed the whole family for less than $10 and it's not a casserole! :0D
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• CHOCOLATE!
    Duh- silly :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• I can totally do lasgana!
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• A question just for me!!

My favorite meal was a baked chicken from the store deli with a bag of salad and a bottle of sparkling cider.

I got 3 taco pies in one week- they were GOOD but I got THREE- the best one included an avocado!

I would have liked to see a baked chicken casserole or homemade pot pie

Include a protein, fresh fruits or veggies chopped up for sides and a starch. I got a lot of greasy stuff too.

SOs favorite meal was a double dose of hamburger helper funny enough.

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• Anywho what I was getting at is pack it full of nutrients somehow- people with babies are exhausted they need fresh food too. Cantaloupe or blueberries :)

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• People still do that? My mom brought me taco salad the day I brought my 2nd child home. Other than that, I got nothing.

What about soup or chili? Or if lots of people are already bringing meals, maybe wait a day or so and ask her what she would like.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2012