Have you ever been on a cruise?

If so would you recommend one as a great vacation?

Asked by txnmomof4 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2012 in Travel

• I went on one as a teenager and it was awful- as a teenager- we were under supervised, got drunk on land, got in fights, almost smoked pot... it was bad-as a teenager.

I can not WAIT to one day get to go back and enjoy it as an adult. the food was 24 hours a day. there was so any things I was not old enough to appreciate on board... shows, lounges, slot machines- we never once went to the pool.... I am excited to experience it again responsibly.

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• Yes I went for my 30th birthday. Its lots of fun, food and something to do is always available.
    I hope to take my son one day soon.

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• No but it sounds great!

Answer by staciandababy at 11:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• No but would love to one day.

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 11:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• Yes, and yes.

Answer by idareyou at 11:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• No, would like to experience one.

Answer by brieri at 11:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2012

• No, but I wish.

Answer by AF4life at 12:12 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Yes. If you want a great vacation, do an all inclusive resort.

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• I went on one just this past December. i loved it and so did Dd and DF. We did a 2 week one from LA to Hawaii. Amazing!!!!

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:00 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Twice, first for my honeymoon and then years later with my kids. it depends on where you are going and what ports you leave out of. If you are prone to get seasick, get the patch from your doctor. It's a good way to ruin a vacation.

Our honeymoon was to Vancouver, Canada and then to Alaska. While on the cruise in Alaska we were always in protected waters so I didn't get seasick until we were in open waters heading back to port. Family vacation, we boarded in NYC and was in open water for 2 days heading down to Cape Canaveral, FL. A hurricane was churning up the seas and I was REALLY green and sick. I ended up in the infirmary and had to get the shot. Once it kicked in I was fine, but it took almost a day.

If you do go, be prepared to eat almost every 2 hours. There is so much food that it's sickening. My kids loved to hang out in the hot tubs. The pools were cold. We all enjoyed it.

Answer by robinkane at 4:26 AM on Sep. 22, 2012