Any oregonians out there know of any beautiful winter places to visit?

With summer ending i am nervous we will never get out of the house again! i am searching for beautiful hikes, snowshoeing, or any day/ weekend trip around the portland area. thanks

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 12:59 AM on Sep. 22, 2012 in Entertainment

• Mt. Bachelor its in Central Oregon where I lived for 11yrs. Its beautiful and the ski/shoeing/hiking/sledding is the best around. (1-800-829-2442) Thats the number to their resort. They always have something going on up on the mountain.
    Than there is Mt. Hood that is a great winter spot too but seems to me it rains more than most thats why I like Central Part of Oregon for the snow in the winter sun in the summer an just very normal in the fall. You can also find them on facebook as well. They have great pics an you can see for yourself how gorgous it is. Hope I helped
    bambiesmiles

Answer by bambiesmiles at 1:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• For amazing hikes and day/weekend trips go to the Columbia River Gorge. Specifically, Multnomah Falls, Bridal Veil, Eagle Creek. Lots of hiking trails, beautiful water falls etc. Approx. 10 miles from downtown Portland.
    Or to Government Camp, Mt Hood for snowshoing, hiking, skiing etc.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:44 AM on Sep. 22, 2012