bad diaper rash?

My son has very bad diaper rash, he has been sick and diaharria's about 5-6 times a day (yes i took him to the doctor) I change him as soon as i know he went in his diaper i us balmex every time. What can i do to make it better he crys even i change him and i hate it.

DilsMommy

Asked by DilsMommy at 5:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i found that powder works really good too,Put it on with the balmex.It'll be fine.If it dont clear uup within a 2-3days you should see if the dr. can give you sum-n.
    Anonymous

• make sure that when u are cleaning him that u arent wiping him to much. it can cause more irritation.
    Duskee

Answer by Duskee at 6:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• You could also try using some corn starch. It has worked wonders for my childrens diaper rash, and usually helps to heal it really fast. (within the first day)
    I am not sure what in it helps, but it is an inexpensive idea to try.
    Best of Luck!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I agree with newmommyin06. A little cornstarch in your baby's bath helps a lot! Just put enough in there to make the water cloudy. Normally I will put A7D on his bum after a diaper change but I found that with diaper rash Desitin seems to work better.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 8:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i was told by the nurse to mix equal parts diaper cream, antibotic cream, and 1/2 tablespoon liquid antiacid together.
    caca71

Answer by caca71 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2009