Color background upgrade schoool photo day?

have you ever paid for an upgrade? My little monsters had photo day and wore this. I did the blue background hoping it would "pop" and look awesome. (hard to tell since at 7:05am they were still so sleepy but they have huge blue eyes!) My husband thinks it's going to look weird and ick. We have no prior experience with Life Touch portraits because our kids previously went to private school where they used a smaller local photographer w/ no background choices.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2012 in

• My school doesn't use Life Touch but, I think the blue will be fine. Here's my DD in black last year with the standard blue background:

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• They are all so adorable!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 11:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• our schools use LifeTouch...and the blue background does make things pop. my son wore a brown top that had a handful of colors on the front (a drawing of a brain)..one of which was blue. he has brown hair/eyes..and that pic is awesome, colorwise.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Our schools offered a background choice but only in middle school. We just used the blue background. It was expensive enough without having to add an extra $5 for the gray background. It should be fine.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• I usually change the background, but it's a different company. It's cheaper than $5 for it. I usually pick something that will contrast with his shirt. We did the fall leaves one year and it turned out really well.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Around here, the 'standard' LifeTouch background is grey. Before pictures got so damned expensive, I would go for the colors (usually the blue). Now I have my son wear bright colors and go for the cheaper gray background.

With my experience with LifeTouch, the black will look good with the blue background.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• I'm not a fan of Life Touch... we have never had a good pic come home from them and they print pics we haven't ordered to try to get you to buy them. Huge waste if you ask me. We take the kids to Sears and have them photographed together around Christmas for everyone. It's cheaper and we get to be there and pic everything.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• Im pretty boring when it comes to backgrounds, I like the blue, but I do find that the standard blue lifetouch uses is a bit on the dark side, so if your ds is wearing a darker blue, it may just blend it. I have them wear contrasting colors to the background, so they show up better.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• Also, they give us a choice of like 5 different colors to pick from, its never an added cost.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2012