Fall Cleaning

Happy Fall!! Do you do fall cleaning? Usually I do not, but this year I have decided to and started some last night.

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 22, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I do it when weather gets cooler. We have our off-season clothes staked in those big plastic boxes in the top shelves of our closets. So they come down and summer clothes go in. Whatever we don't wear that year, goes in the charity box. And while I'm at it, I usually clear out my closet as well throwing out the stuff I haven't used for a year. That's about the only cleaning I get done in fall
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• we took out the air conditioners for starts and now I *really* need to dust like crazy before we have to turn the heat on for the 1st time or else the smell is so ick
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:10 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• I do. Mostly outdoors and the garage. For the house I clean vents, ceiling fans, and hope to get the carpet shampooed.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• We did a little for last weekend in preparation for Rosh Hashannah and spring cleaning for Passover. Dh will be starting outside clean-up tomorrow.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2012

• We're doing mostly yard cleanup this year since I've been going through my mom's things and rearranging two houses. I'm hoping that in spite of DH's upcoming surgery we can get the front acre fenced and the pond in so that next spring I can put two mini sheep and some geese out there with the fruit trees.

This past month we've cleared the mound of branches left over from cutting all the pines out front (that mound was bigger than our house), built all new poultry runs for the chickens, guinea keets, peafowl, and turkeys, ... AND got caught up on mowing/clearing that was left go while my mom was on hospice.

I'd far rather be outside right now (watching bunny sex lol ... it's that time of year!) than cooped up in the house with too much time for thinking.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• I do most of mine in Sept.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2012