26+3 wks but measured at 29+4

what does this mean? is it normal to measure 3'wks ahead? is this bad or good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Not a problem at all!!

The measurements are only an average. Baby could have had a growth spurt, could have moved and is now in a different position, etc. I have measured 1-10 weeks ahead. Granted the 10 weeks is well beyond normal and was because of extra fluid. But normal for me is 3-6 weeks ahead. :)

IF you keep growing bigger and bigger (measuring more and more ahead each week) they will probably do an ultrasound to check. But three weeks isn't really that much. And most women 'level off' towards the end.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Don't forget it's just an estimation. You won't know for sure before baby's birth what real weight and height he/she is.
    The OB told me that my third one would be a big baby and he wasn't at all !
    So no need to worry for now as long as baby is fine. Just enjoy your pregnancy !:)
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2012