is it ok to drink red bull while pregnant?

my boyfriend is having a b-day party today and i was just wondering if its a one time thing if its ok to have 1 can of red bull

JessFreeman

Asked by JessFreeman at 5:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have an amp every so often. check the caffeine intake. i asked my dr about amp and he said thats fine just dont take too much caffeine in the rest of the day.
    Anonymous

• red bull increases your blood pressure and it increases your babies bp by twice as much from what my doctor said. i wouldn't do it but i don't see anything wrong with having one can. just be aware it may cause your lil one not to sleep! inside your belly! lol
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 5:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• No.
    Anonymous

• I would say no.....
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i would say no it even says not to dring if pregnant on the can
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I would honestly say no but the decision is always yours.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• uhm if you dont want to be pregnant anymore and kill your baby, then do it..
    Otherwise, drink water or something with way less caffeine
    Anonymous

• i was told once upon a time that taurine is not good for little ones and i think MOST energy drinks have it... but do some research... or water it down and try it that way... may not taste as good but hey at least u had your redbull... hehehee
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 5:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I discuss Redbull in one of my journal entries (you can find it by looking at my profile). Redbull contains 21.5 grams sucrose AND 5.25 grams of glucose (two different kinds of sugar) in just 8 oz. That's like putting 6 teaspoons of sugar into your 8 oz cup of tea in the morning and drinking it. In one can alone, Redbull contains over half of the daily recommended amount of sugar (stay under 40 grams per day in order to have a healthy diet as well as avoid type II diabetes). On top of that, it contains two different artificial sweeteners. Artificial sweeteners have not been thoroughly studied to determine what effects they may have on an unborn baby so it is best to avoid them (it is best to avoid anything artificial whether you're pregnant or not). All of that is without considering the massive amount of caffeine in the drink. I wouldn't drink it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• They had some thing on Red Bull like a little while ago about that it has been tested and can cause strokes and some other health issues, and this was actually on the news one day.
    Anonymous