Fever of 103.8.... what to do?

I am really sick. I am sure its a virus cause I got it from my Grandmother... I feel dizzy, sore throat, whole body aches... and then the fever... When should I go to doc? I've been taking Theraflu all day and it hasn't really touched the fever. How high should I let the fever go before I head out...

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 5:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Health

• Its down to 103.0 now... but its taken two hours to get that low!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• go now! if ur temp is that high and u feel that bad, get ur butt to the doctor so they can give u real medicine to make u better.
    Anonymous

• Try cool moist towels on your temples and feet. also on your belly.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Tylenol. Take some tylenol and take your temp again in an hour. If it's gone down, great..if not call the doctor.

If it goes down in the first hour but spikes again in the next...call the doctor.

Try a luke warm bath (not cold).
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• take IB profuen, it's better for fevers.. are you sure you don't have the flu?
    Katee1107

Answer by Katee1107 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Head to the doctor. Fever means infection somewhere in the body. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Anonymous