I am the only one who gets treated like this?

DD woke up SCREAMING in the middle of the night b/c her ear hurt. We went to the Doc this AM.She has an ear infection, ok. I call DH to tell him we are leaving the doc to go get meds.Well, we drop it off, and find out it's gonna be 25 mins.We kinda wonder around the store 25 mins later we go back, and it's ready.I get home with DD and make sandwitches for all of us. He grabs his plate, goes off into another room to eat. I said "Are you not going to eat with us?" "I rather eat in here". DH works 6 nights a week from 3pm-11pm. So, having him eat with us is WONDERFUL. He goes on to bitch about how he was with younger DD for 2 1/2 hrs.Okay, and I was out having a BLAST! Anyway, I asked him again to come sit with us.He gets TICKED and comes storming out . About 90% of the time when I tell him how I feel about something he goes nuts. He left for work w/o a word to me. I don't understand, and feel like a single mom and many times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree, you're not alone! My hubby can be very immature / selfish and throws fits like this often. He can make the tension in the room so thick you could slice it with a knife. However, as I have found... your hubby might be under a lot of stress that you can't see and if he's like my hubby, it won't be easy to get out of him what it is that's really eating at him. He might not want to be around the family if he's uptight or in a bad mood, stressed, ect... he may just need time to be by himself. Assume the best in him and show your children that you respect him by giving him the time he needs. I know it's hard- trust me. But try to put yourself in his shoes, or try to just always assume the best in him. Many times men's good intentions just go misunderstood. :-) He may not be as big of a jerk as he seems!
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 10:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Either he is just imature and selfish or somthing else is going on. give him time to calm down and then try to find out whats up. goodluck hope your dd get well soon.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 5:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• OMG god i know exactly what you mean. my dh just left for work(which he did not have to work today but went in to get away from me) without saying a word because i didnt feel like having sex at the crack of dawn this morning. he is such a freakin baby it makes me crazy. pm me if u need to talk more
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 5:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I don't think your the only women in the world that gets treated bad/mean, but it doesn't mean that it's ok. You need to be able to talk to eachother so that you can work out your problems. He needs to realize that he has a child who deserves to have mature parents. Who don't throw tantrums and gets ticked off cause mom wants to eat dinner together. Maybe you could give him a cool down period,but not saying good bye and or I love you before he leaves to work is not COOL! Very disrespectful to the relationship. Together or apart your not a single mom, he has a responsibility as well and if you break up take him to court and he will be forced to be a responsible parent.
    Anonymous

• Your not alone
    Anonymous

• I strongly suggest marriage counseling because it sounds like the communication has become nonexistant in your marriage. It also seems like there are some underlying issues that need to be resolved.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 10:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My husband is constantly putting his needs over the rest of the family. His idea of being stressed out is when he loses a bid on ebay. I am always feeling like he is completely disconnected from reality. I have no real advice...I don't know how to deal with it myself. I think as women we instinctively put our needs below our families needs. I find it to be the opposite for most men.
    Mich80

Answer by Mich80 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009