Is clumsiness normal post-partum?

I drop everything (i.e. mug of hot water I use to warm bottle). My husband is always asking whats wrong with me. I trip, walk into things etc.

Asked by carhan at 7:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I think it is normal. Someone told me when I was pregnant that having kids kills some of your braincells. While I don't think that is literally true, I do think I know what she means. All of a sudden we have to multi-task so much more than we were before we had kids and it takes up so much of our brain power that we start lacking in other areas.

Answer by NakylasMom at 7:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• YES! Absoulutly! It can be real frustrating, but it should get better in a few months.

Answer by Motherdragon at 7:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You have to remember you just had a life altering happening in your life. Having the baby grow in you, your equalibrum(sp?) has to adjust because of the new weight gain then you have the baby and its thrown off again (hence why you fall over anything) Then you drop things because well you have a lot more happening in your life. Its completely normal to be clumsy, your life has changed greatly and in time you'll get back to normal!

Answer by Babyduche at 7:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I was clumsy after having baby, but I think it was due to sleep deprivation.

Answer by sbailey at 9:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Yes, it is very normal. I joined a workout class for moms and babies and they always warned women who were less that 20 weeks post-partum to be careful with certain exercises because they could be very wobbly.

Answer by kelly02 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

Answer by Jessimica at 12:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2008