How as your experience with your epidural??

We are going to start on #3 and the only worry I have is that!!! The last one I had they were touching my nerves and they thought they had punctured the sack around my spine and caused my headache(we found out later though that it was just a tension headache from pushing) Anyways...I'm so scared of seriouse injury from having another one!! I can last a very long time in labor without anything but that last phase is so intense I just dont think I can go without!!!!

AmandaDenise26

Asked by AmandaDenise26 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get another dr to doi it. Mine hurt, but my dr was great.I was a lil shaky and he said it was fine just no sudden movements.I came through fine.
    Anonymous

• OH I LOVE THE EPIDURAL MAN!! mine was great.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Mine was fine. I was so worried about it. I hadn't planned on getting one... but I had also planned on being able to get out of bed (which I wasn't allowed... I had to stay in bed on my side)
    Didn't hurt at all and went perfectly.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My back hurt for a long time afterwards. Another thing, it wasn't effective on me. I had a bolus on top of my epidural and then a spinal. I still felt my c-section.
    MalhotraFamily

Answer by MalhotraFamily at 6:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I tried for so long to go without an epideral. I finally had one when my contractions were really close. i had my sister in the room with me and just sat on the edge of the bed and braced myself on her shoulders with my hands and arms so i could hold still through the pain. once i had it, i fell asleep and an hour later i was pushing.
    Duskee

Answer by Duskee at 6:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I had three epidurals. The only one I had trouble with was the third.

My blood pressure crashed and I had to stay off of my back. As long as I wasn't on my back, I was okay. But every time they tried to break my water.....wow it was a STRANGE feeling while the room went black.

But all worked out fine. They adjusted the dosage, I was still numb (thank goodness!) and a short while later I had no more problems at all.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Do without it, they're dangerous anyway. The natural experience is amazing.
    Anonymous

• I was induced and my epidural was horrible they went into far and i only got numb on one side of my lower body so i still felt every contraction they ended up having to give me IV meds as well and it slowed down the babys heart rate so much they had to put a monitor on her head to make sure she was ok. I agree with anonymous poster above me i would have done it the all natural way if i could go back cause i still felt everything and my babys health was put at risk
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• It was a lifesaver! I Dont think i could have done it without the epidural! I was in so much pain i didn't even feel them put the epidural in. Although about 9hours later i started to feel some contractions in the upper part of my stomach, and then i was given some iv med but it still helped alot my lower body was numb and it was all good
    Anonymous

• 1st delivery I had no pain meds and was ok. I had an epi. for a c-section (2nd delivery) and hated it. I know it was so I wouldn't feel the pain, and keep me still, but I still hated it. I was terrified, and almost jumped off the table when the Dr touched my back the first time. It wasn't even the needle yet, it was just his cold gloves! A few days later I noticed a little pen hole sized scab where the needle had been and was worried that it would get infected.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 8:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2009