He tried to mount her.

We were talking my dog and the other dog that's been trying to get her came up to us. I saw him try to mount her but we pulled her away. My boyfriend says he may have gotten one or two thrusts in. Do you think she'll get pregnant. We do NOT want puppies.

SaraD1989

Asked by SaraD1989 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2012 in Pets

• Gosh, I don't know how long it takes a dog to get off. I really don't know. Is she not old enough to get fixed? Is she in heat? I'm thinking they have to be in heat to get pregnant, but of course I'm not versed on dog sex. I'm sure someone else will have a more solid answer for you.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Then get her fixed.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• She should have been spade then. I couldn't tell you if she got pregnant or not.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 9:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Here's an idea...get the damn dogs fixed if you don't puppies.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• She's a guard dog and getting her spayed will change her abilities. She is NEVER out without a leash. Ever. Yes, she is in heat. I didn't see anything go in or anything and we didn't have to pull them apart. He jerked on the leash and she came back.
    SaraD1989

Comment by SaraD1989 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Okay, from what I am reading online it's possible if she is in heat, even if it was only a few seconds. I guess you will have to wait a couple weeks to see if she has any physical changes or changes in behavior. Or call your vet to ask them what to do since you don't want puppies.

I would suggest not taking her around other dogs while she is in heat in the future in the event you choose to not spay her.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Ummmmmmm ....
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 9:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• I know! Have your dog pee on your keyboard and then we can tell you if she is having puppies, how many and what gender.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 9:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• We don't take her around other dogs. This dog has been staking out our door for a couple days and we've not taken her out when he's there. When we took her out he wasn't out there then came running up to us when we were almost home. The question wasn't what you people think of my getting her spayed or not.
    SaraD1989

Comment by SaraD1989 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Sara- you only have to worry if your dog is a SKHO or has slutty eggs :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2012