need some advice....

I want to ask you moms out there who have disorder,i have to take meds for to keep me from committing suicide, how do you cope with your feelings when you have no one to talk to.... and your partner really doesnt care about your pain....then i am on meds for bipolar and manic depression and also i have panic attacks.... i am so scared that i am going to snap one day and hurt either myself or my kids and my meds dont seem to work and the doctors really dont know what to do with me and how to keep me calm...how are you able to stay calm an be able to raise your beautiful children and keep your marriage together... bc my husband thinks it is all in my head... but i know for a fact that it isnt and that i do have a problem..please give me some advice.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Health

• If you've already tried medication and therapy, I would say the next step is to try something physical such as yoga/meditation, or doing a full work-out 3 time a week with cardio-vascular exercise and lifting weights. That and evaluate your diet. Make sure you are eating a well balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetable and eliminate refined sugar, salt, fat, chemicals-all the bad things that bring people down. If you aren't already doing this, start a diary to track your moods. See if there is anything that makes you feel more or less sad.
    You can always PM me if you feel sad. Sometimes it helps just to know someone cares.
    GoddessLily

Answer by GoddessLily at 5:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I 100% agree with the PP. Diet and exercise is a must.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I agree with GoddessLily , also want to add if you have a counsoler or are doing any kind of therapy then you should look into having your husband attent a few sessions with you. He needs to understand that what you are going through is real, and he needs to learn about it and be more suportive.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 8:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• A healthy diet, exercise, prayer, and journaling have helped me with life being bi polar. I have been med free for 5 years thanks to all of these things. I am NOT saying go off of your meds but you should talk to your doctor about coping mechanisms or alternate therapies. There are therapies that include changing your lightbulbs in your house to flourescent, tanning in tanning booths to up your vitamin D, playing a certain song that changes your mood to balance you out, etc. Always consult a medical professional before changing anything but these are things to talk about with him.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 10:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2009