Facebook

I'm thinking about opening-up a Facebook account, and was wondering if you can do the "set to private" mode like Myspace? I never opened a Myspace account, however, my daughter has her myspace set to private. Anyone here have someone try to contact you (from the past) that you refused or just plain ignored? It's a great tool, but it can let those certain people in to some degree.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a myspace... you shouldnt put stuff on those you dont want ppl to see anyway. Facebook is confusing to me.. but yes U can set it to private!
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean! I haven't opened one just because I really don't want to be in contact with all those people. It really connects you to EVERYONE! Hubby has one and I might break down soon, but not yet.
    Anonymous

• No u dont have to be friends to see stuff.. if theirs iant set to private, But to see more than a pic and name u have to be logged in at least!
    Anonymous

• Yea. Myspace and Facebook are really not that bad. If you set them to private... and facebook is automatically private. I just got one in November and I never selected a "Private" status but everyone HAS to add me to be able to see any info on me. And as long as you add only people you know on both accounts, your info is safe. :) You can message me if you have any questions and I can try to help.
    AustinsMommy124

Answer by AustinsMommy124 at 6:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• im a facebook user! its waaay easier! its better...its safer..and they have different settings..so you can even set certain "friends" to only see certain things..i think its great..cuz i have some people on mine that im "friends" with..but there just there to play games with..so i have their set to see nothing..i love it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I opened one recently, and love it. You can set it up private, only yur friends can see it.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I have yet to figure out how Facebook works.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Thanks to everyone who replied to my post! I'm still on the fence on this one!
    I guess that I could try it, see if I like it, and if I choose to close the account I can do so.

Thanks again!
    Anonymous