jumpstarting my diet

ive been dieting for about a month now and my dh has lost over ten pounds and i keep getting stuck at 3! ill lose 3 then gain 3 right back and cant seem to get past it. so i though about trying something like slimquick cleanse oranything like it to "jumpstart" my diet(even thought i want to do it on my own im starting to lose motivation)however any box i read says not to take while pregnant or nursing and i ebf my dd. is there any thats ok while bf'ing and works?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• That sounds just like a slimquick commercial. :) I'm not a fan of dieting while breastfeeding because I think it lowers your supply. Focus on eating the right amount of calories for your size and get exercise. Be sure to incorporate weights into your workout plan to lose more calories. Don't compare yourself to DH because he's a man and will lose differently. Hope you find something that works for you and baby!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Try not to compare yourself to him maybe he can loose wait easier and faster than you don't get discouraged just keep doing what you are doing you will get there don't rush it.

worry about only you for now if u keep looking at ur dh you will never get to ur goal.treadmillGL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• What diet are you doing??? My DF and I are doing the South Beach Diet. We have had great success with it! Our close friends are doing it too. We don't compare or compete with each other...just support. There is a SBD group here on CM. It has great advice, recipes, and links for information.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 10:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2009