School fundraisers help!!

my daughters school is having a fundraiser and i don't know how to sell anything lol
i have no family or friends in the state i live in so that makes it harder.
teach me?

cielo1

Asked by cielo1 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Does the fundraiser offer an online ordering option?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• I am not good at selling for those either, plus noone I know is interested in the items.
    Every year I just write a check, but this year I bought one item and than added some extra money to it
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• I hate any fund raisers and I have friends and family around. Everything seems to be so over priced - I hate asking people to buy stuff.
    Some fund raisers now have a web-site so you can sell to family on-line via e-mail link.
    Good Luck

I have two kids both in the same activity, who do I help sell and I don't know enough people to sell for both of them, even the minimum about their asked to sell.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• We move a lot so it was the same story for us- no friends or family to ask
    I would buy a thing or two and that was that
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• I email the website and his ID number to any family that don't live nearby, then carefully explain to him that everything - the stuff they're selling and the "prizes" are grossly overpriced. Once I have him talk it through himself - how much does peanut butter and butter and sugar cost, now how much do these overpriced peanut butter cookies cost - he doesn't really want to ask anyone to buy things, either.

I started doing this because our PTO uses ridiculous guilt tactics - any student who sells more than 25 items gets to go to a "VIP party". Any kid who doesn't is left out while they watch their other classmates go. He no longer considers that party to be worth all the money.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• I put them away and when they request them back I send them in blank. No one wants to buy anything and I am sick of being a salesperson.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• We don't participate
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• We don't bother with them anymore.... We don't have anyone here to sell to, and even if we did, most wouldn't buy anything. If you're feeling bad about not being able to sell anything, then write a check to the school for an amount you can afford to donate, and send the forms back...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2012

• Our PTO makes it clear that we also accept donations. I usually ask friends and family to donate a couple bucks. This year we are selling pretty good discount cards so I am trying to sell those but also leaving it open for donations.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:41 AM on Sep. 23, 2012

• Keep in mind what those fundraisers are paying for when refusing to do them. Our PTO pays for field trips, assemblies, playground equipment etc. All the "extra" stuff that the students like. We don't do it so that we can line our pockets with money. I try to remind parents of that every year when it comes to fundraisers.

We also have a system that allows those who send in donations to have their children put in for the prizes too. It isn't about selling junk, but about raising money for the kids to do fun stuff!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2012