What is your thought on cognitive development and why?

What is your thought of cognitive development and why

dollbaby1972

Asked by dollbaby1972 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmmmm...this is a very general question. I'd have to say that I think cognitive development is based on the foundation that a child is set up with. I read to my child every day and have helped her with learning her body parts. We have made very little progress but we stay persistant because she started out behind the game (preemie). I think anything that a child enjoys and does well should be nurtured. If a child loves to do puzzles try working with something a little more difficult and challenge them with word puzzles or logic games. Know what I mean?
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 10:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• That's a very broad question....

I guess my general thought is that it's something to be developed and nurtured and is completely necessary.

I'm just not sure where you want to go with this...LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I think that kids develope at their own pace. The environment and mental and physical stimulation are not calculated in so not every child will develope according to what they are "suppose" to. I think it is a good base to see what should be going on but I don't thing it should determine psychologically where they are medically. Does that make sense?
    Blessedmommy215

Answer by Blessedmommy215 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• do you mean nurture or nature.....a little bit of both...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2009