What am I suppose to do?!

Okay so I have this phobia (emetophobia..which makes me afraid to be around anyone who feels nauseous or who is vomiting) and Im also dealing with PPD..and a big stress of moving FAR away from family!..But honestly lately I wonder why I had kids? I mean maybe its just I feel 'trapped' and havent lived much of my life but I love my kids and I always want them to know mommy is there for them, but yet I feel so depressed that I dont see the light at the end of the tunnel! And Im even on antidepressants but yet nothing seems to work!

What am I suppose to do? I really need advice! Please dont judge me as a bad parent because I LOVE my children and I NEVER EVER would hurt them or wish any pain or suffering apon them! They are my life..*sigh*I dont know what to do anymore

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am so sorry you are going through this. I can see that you love your children very much but sometimes their love is not enough to make you happy. It has to start with you. It would be so easy for me o sit here and say just get over it and be happy because life is short but I wont because I know that it is not that simple. Maybe you need to talk to a professional who can help you. Depression can be a scary thing. After I had my son I was so depressed. I was far from home and even though I had my son and my husband I felt alone. I went to see a phycriatist for a while and I am doing much better but the main thing I learned was that I needed to make me happy first. I hope this makes since to you and helps a little.

Anonymous

• Thanks so much..Im glad somebody understands that Im not a bad parent..I just feel 'stuck' and I have nothing to pull myself out of this..if you know what Im saying..

I do plan on trying to talk to somebody once we are all done moving but until then I have no clue what to do! I feel so alone because the only person I can talk to is my husband and of course he doesnt understand exactly how I feel and sometimes I even hear him call me 'selfish' for feeling that way..UGH
    MomTo2Boys2526

Answer by MomTo2Boys2526 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• You are not a bad parent. Believe me, I felt like the worst mother in the world after having my daughter because I suffered from bad PPD. I just kept telling my doctor that there was something wrong. Thankfully over time it did pass but it was a rough and rocky road. If you are a religous person you could try talking to someone from a faith base. You could also try just making lots of time for yourself. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Good luck.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 9:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• So sorry to hear you're having a tough time. I finally had to give in this past year and see my doctor, my kids knew something was wrong and so did my dh. I had to go back one more time a few months later because I was still crying alot and having major depression (we had some unusual serious family issues) and now am doing better. I was embarrassed to admit I was depressed, thought I could overcome it but sometimes we need more than prayer, we actually need to get some help. We also started seeing a counselor and that helped too. Good luck. We're here to listen.
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Go and find help. You can find a psychologist if it's that bad or a support group. Even just getting outside can help sometimes. If you aren't going out very much you might be making your symptoms worse sort of. A friend of mine has depression and if she has to stay in (like if it's snows), she gets very upset. You said you feel trapped so maybe it is you just need some You time.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2009