Since our baby girl was born ( 4.5 months ago), I feel totally disconnected from my husband, any suggestions how to get closer again?

This may sound as a common question, but our disconnection started when I was pregnant and fully evolved after our daughter was born. I quit my job to be a stay at home mom, since my husband has an emergency 24 hour service business, I thought it would be the best for our family. After birth I experienced an awful postpartum depression, now I'm better, but I have no warm feelings for my husband. I felt lonely a lot, now I'm creating my world with other moms, but I feel like there is nothing else between us. We've been married 7 years before we had our first baby and went through lots of career and move changes, we grew together and supported each other. Now I don't feel that w. I wish I was excited when he comes home (which is unpredictable and often late, si I am tired, but he maintains his own schedue as before, eventhough his job doesn' t require it. Any suggestions, is this normal or not and how to get this chemistry back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, I found the best way for us to get close is to start making love. You may not want to or feel like it, but sex between a married couple really produces this profound connection. Also don't expect hubby to change his schedule. If it works for him, let him have it. 7 years is a good amount of time in a marriage. This can work out..don't give up!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• How was the depression treated? Post-partum depression can take many different forms, and the disconnect can be one of them. If that has been ruled out and you want some specific tips, please pm me, that's one of the things I do in my business and more than happy to help.
    redhddiva

Answer by redhddiva at 7:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2009