Pill for making milk....

Anyone heard of a pill that helps produce milk? it's supposed to be made to make your stomach empty faster but has the funny side affect of making you produce more milk...my doc says he will give me that if I don't start producing milk really good my the time by second child is a week old. Just wondered if anyone had used it. Don't know the name of it.....

Blessedmommy215

Asked by Blessedmommy215 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Never heard of it, but I have heard of pills they used to give out many years ago to dry you up.
    Anonymous

• Never heard of the pills. However if the side effect of it is producing milk do they know if it has any harmful side effects. You dont want the baby to get sick from drinking breast milk if it has some chemicals in it from the pills. This may sound bad but in my opinion they make too many pills for too many different things. I would do more research on it before i took it just to make sure that there would be no harmful side effects in your milk that could harm the baby
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 8:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• This pill is called reglan. I took it after I had thought my milk was starting to dry up. It works wonders and is safe for baby as far as I know otherwise they wouldn't perscribe it. You usually take it for one week and your supply should be back up. Talk to your doctor about it and get more info. It is originally for nausea.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 11:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Thanks!
    Blessedmommy215

Answer by Blessedmommy215 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2009