Is it normal to feel this fat around my period? lol

I know that we retain water and bloat and feel yucky around our periods and that it's perfectly normal but the past few months I've been feeling HUGE around my period...I mean it looks like I've gained 20 pounds around my middle and I almost look preggers. I feel like a hippo :( the scale also seems to go up 5-8lbs about a week prior...is that normal? I would think 2-5 but 5-8??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2012 in Health

• That happens to me too!! My belly becomes a huge round hard basketball....or beach ball.....some of my clothes don't fit. It's horrible, and I lose it within a couple of days of my period starting....usually anywhere from 3-8 pounds...they high end months are the worst!! I assume it's normal, because it's happened to me for a long time.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2012

• It happens to me!
    USMCWifey2011

Answer by USMCWifey2011 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 23, 2012

• Do you all eat a lot around your period too? I eat probably close to twice as much as usual around the days leading up to my period and the first day or two of it starting. It's just horrible all together.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Sep. 23, 2012

• How long have you been having your period? I ask because a grown women, or even a teen that has been having periods for a couple of years knows this is normal around your period.

Answer by louise2 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• Very normal
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• Yeah, periods suck.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• I know it's normal...but I've never gained this much water weight around my periods in the past. I've been getting my period for 18 years and these past few months have been crazy...I used to gain like 2 pounds of water weight and now it's closer to 10 and I look like a freaking hippo. I didn't know it could get this bad. That's all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2012