Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to deal with a depressed husband?

with him sleepin all the time to his angry outbursts.I don't know waht to do anymore.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • Tell him you're concerned about him--his health and his well-being. Tell him you and your children need him. Tell him you want to help, but don't know how. Remind him the good times you used to share. Tell him you miss the person he used to be. Call and then accompany him to a therapist. Support him every step of the way. If he's lost his job, help him find a new one--call employment listings in the paper, call an employment agency, brush up his resume...whatever it takes!

    Answer by LoriKeet at 7:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

  • I agree with the above, support him and see if you can get him help. How long has he been this way? Will he go to the doctor? Can you get him outside for air or exercise? Sometimes it takes baby steps.

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

  • If he is depressed he needs some help. But you can't do it for him and may have to give him a choice--get help or get out. That it is tough on your and kids and it is unfair if he won't do something about it. It is like addiction--you don't have to enable another person just because you love them.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.