Hand sanitizer

do you send it to school with your kiddos?

I have a 2nd and a 1st grader who are requesting their own little bottles for their desks. Is this common now?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2012 in

• I hear it's common. Some people don't like it and say it will create super germs. I used hand sanitizer earlier.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• Yup... my kids are in 1st & 3rd... I keep a small bottle in their lunch boxes. Then send in a large bottle for the teacher. It's on their wish list.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• I don't know, but I guess I'm not surprised. Think of all of the nasty hands that have used the pump on the communal bottle.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• We sent 3 huge bottles as per the school supply list. I wouldn't trust my 5 year old to have her own bottle. She would make a mess with it.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• I don't, but my kids ask for it because other kids in their class have the funky smelling little bottles attached to their backpacks.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 5:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• This just reminded me that dd's teacher has requested we send some in. It wasn't on their supply list at the beginning of the year but she said she wants to have some in the class cause they don't always have time to go wash hands before snack time or lunch time... I need to go to the store now and get some for dd to take in tomorrow :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• Yes my GS is in 1st grade and he takes his own bottle. I got him the small travel size ones.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• Its on the supply list every year but I never give it to my son to use.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• It's not allowed here at all. The children are still expected to wash their hands the old-fashioned way with soap and water and there is a sink in every classroom (and obviously in the toilets too).
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 8:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2012

• Yes, the schools request both soap and hand sanitizer. Each of my kids (and most of the other kids) have a little bottle of their own clipped to their backpacks. The alcohol based ones aren't a problem. The ones that contain Triclosan are the ones that may make more resistant bacterias.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2012